The Blogcademy was a 2 day workshop put on by blogging superstars, Kat, Shauna and Gala. It was designed to cover the ins and outs of blogging, provide tips and tools on developing an online presence, building your brand and working to find your voice whether you are a brand new blogger or if you have already established a readership.
I went into the weekend with 1 month of blogging experience under my belt and left on Sunday with an extreme amount of inspiration, knowledge and appreciation for everything these women have to offer, plus 30 new blogger friends!
The Blogcademy was so much more than a blogging workshop. All weekend I was surrounded by my 30 classmates who all proved to me that no matter where you are headed in life with ambition, drive and a kick ass attitude you will end up where you want to be. As soon as I got off the elevator on the first day, I could just feel the positive energy radiating from the classroom. The Blogcademy introduced me to new bloggers, wedding planners, veteran bloggers, photographers, and designers. It was such a refreshing experience to witness all of the support and kind words from such a diverse group.
All blogging info aside, Kat, Gala and Shauna taught lessons of confidence, self love and positivity. The overarching theme of the weekend was: you are the only person that can take control of your future, so own it!
Some of the take home messages from the Blogcademy:
1. Find yourself, love yourself and stay true to what you believe but allow yourself to grow.
2. Showcase the best you and be your own cheerleader!
3. Work your ass off for what you want. Project passion and positivity.
4. Create a network of inspiring, ambitious people. Surround yourself with people that make you feel good. There is no room for people who bring you down.
5. Identify your talents but know when to ask for help. Recognize you can't do everything and it is ok to utilize the people around you.
The Blogcademy was an experience I will be forever grateful for. I can't wait to put everything I learned into action!