There exist two types of sponges, natural sea sponges, and artificial or synthetic sponges. Due to the expensive costs of natural sea sponges, synthetic sponges are widely used all over the world. Mostly, natural sea sponges come from the saltwater oceans and consist of many beneficial minerals like zinc and potassium. But synthetic sponges are made in the factories and thus, they have lots of harmful chemicals in them.
What are face sponges?
Facial sponges help you enhance the look of your cosmetic products that you apply on your face in daily routine. It might come in the form of blenders or a normal sponge. It assists you to get your perfect makeup look on your face. Besides this, a wet facial sponge can also be used for deep cleaning or removing all the makeup before bedtime. You can get your sponge wet or you can also wet your face with any cleanser before starting the exfoliation process. Just massage it in circular motions on your face and you will see your makeup getting transferred to it in minimum time. Sleeping with makeup on your face causes dullness in the skin of your face and hence it is highly advised to thoroughly cleanse your face before sleeping to prevent the occurrence of future skin issues.
How frequently you should change or replace your facial sponge?
When you daily wear makeup and remove it daily as well, then your sponge demands its cleaning daily as well. Or you can do it maybe within the intervals of two to three days by placing it in your washing machine with liquid soap or use your hands. Do not forget to keep an eye on the germs, dirt, and bacteria as well, that are getting accumulated in the pores of your sponge. It might be a little mushy to remove the wastage from it after a large period. It is recommended by beauty experts to not make a gap of more than two days.
If your beauty blender or sponge has started appearing dull in looks or has shrunken or loosen, then it is the time to buy a new one from the market. They generally become like this within two to three months. Using an old and loose sponge will not do its work properly because its fiber loses its strength after a certain period.
What are Konjac sponges?
Konjac is a plant that grows in South East Asia and especially famous in Japan. It has purple or red leaves and its corms are starchy. Its fibers are famously known for being very tender. It has soothing and antioxidant properties that is why they are used widely across the globe. And we all know what antioxidant does to our bodies. They purify and detox our bodies. Detoxification removes blemishes and dark spots from our skin. But these are costlier compared to other natural sea sponges. Only wealthy people can afford them. Best Konjac sponge by Maybelle is available online in different types such as activated charcoal, turmeric, red clay, and many more organic ingredients.
Properties of an excellent sponge
- It has large pores in a spacious body.
- Massaging or exfoliating our body and face with sponge improves blood circulation in our body.
- If it is a good scrubber, then Konjac sponge can detox our whole body as well.
- They soak the liquid nicely.
- Natural sea sponges are free from harmful chemicals.
- They are easy to wash or clean.
- Doing cleaning with their help is less time-consuming.
- The durability period of sponges extends from two to three months.
- They are mostly self cleaners, so it requires less effort in their cleaning process.
Precautions to be taken with Konjac sponges
- They are extremely delicate so these are required to be kept away from other toxic or contaminated products or objects.
- Should be deep cleaned after every use so that the bacteria will not cause any infectious disease on your skin, during its next usage.
- They should be replaced within two or three months as they have this as their maximum shelf life.
- It is advisable to go for natural sea sponges for the body, instead of the artificial ones because they are rich in numerous minerals that are good for our health.
- These are biodegradable, which means, they do not harm the environment of the Earth and thus, they are known to be eco-friendly.
Pros of using sponges
Despite having chemicals in synthetic sponges, they are used widely all over the world. Some of its advantaged are listed below:
- Diverse characteristics: sea sponges or synthetic sponges may be used as whatever you want them to use. They can be a good makeup cleanser from your face, they can clean the glass or metallic material in your home, they can help you with blending or mixing your makeup like foundation and Concealer. They are nice scrubbers for your body.
- Keeps your body smooth: by acting as a nice scrubber to your body, a sponge exfoliates your body so well. It removes the dead skin cells present on the epidermis (outer layer of your skin) and keeps it looking soft and fresh.
- Keeps your home tidy: a good sponge with large pores holds more water in it and when you squeeze it, it releases more liquid or water that it had soaked. This is the capability we want when we want to clean our house in less time.
There is a wide variety of sponges available in the market containing turmeric, activated charcoal, clay, and many more herbal ingredients. You just have to pick a suitable one for your skin type. But you need to determine your skin type first.
Although, sponges are gentle and soft but there are different sponges manufactured for face and body. The skin of our face is more delicate as compared to the skin of our body. So, it is recommended by some famous dermatologists that it is better to use organic and herbal sponges rather than using artificial or synthetic ones.